From: Gender related to the study and practice of religion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard Price
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 3:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Academia.edu: 'tree' of academics launches

Dear all,

I'm a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford, where I recently finished my Ph.D on the philosophy of perception.

With a group of people from Stanford and Cambridge University, I've launched a website, www.academia.edu, which does two things:

 - It represents researchers around the world in a 'tree' format, showing which institution/department they are affiliated with.
 - It enables researchers and academics to keep track of the latest developments in their field - the latest people, papers, and conferences.

We want Academia.edu to list eventually every academic in the world -- Faculty members, Post-Docs, and Graduate Students. People can add their departments, and themselves, to the tree by clicking on the arrows.

The site is getting some traction. Over 9,000 academics have joined Academia.edu in the last two months. Some professors on the site include:

We're trying to spread the word about Academia.edu as much as possible. It would be terrific if you could visit the site, and add yourself to your department on the tree. If your university is not there, you can add it by clicking on the arrows coming out of the university boxes.

And do spread the word to your friends and colleagues if you can.

Many thanks,

Richard

Dr. Richard Price,
Prize Fellow,