Apologies for any cross posting.

DO NOT REPLY TO SENDER. PLEASE REPLY TO RICHARD STATHAM

r[log in to unmask]

Renaissance in the Regions for the West Midlands Hub
08 – 09 Phase of Teacher Training Project

The West Midlands Renaissance Hub is seeking a consultant or consultants to help implement the current phase of the West Midlands Teacher Training Project ‘Learning in Museums.’ I am writing to invite you to tender for all or some of the elements of the project outlined in the attached brief.

This project began in 2004 on a modest scale and has continued successfully through 07 – 08. A full summary of the project to date and a detailed brief for the 08 – 09 phase is included in the attached document.

We are looking for freelancers with the following attributes and experience;

·        Good understanding of the requirements and expectations of teachers, including awareness of recent curriculum development
·        Good knowledge of the museum education sector, especially in the West Midlands
·        Ability to organise a sequence of high-profile events and training programmes
·        Advocacy, training and motivational skills
·        Creativity and imagination in the development and production of resources for teachers

Currently tenders are sought for the following elements outlined in the attached document: 1A, 1B (note these can be tendered for separately on in combination), 2A, 2B (note these can also be tendered for separately or in combination), 4, 5, 6 and 7

We are looking for the following in your response:

For each element tendered for:

·        Cost breakdown
·        Scheduling breakdown

For the tender as a whole;

·        Curriculum Vitae
·        A statement of experience, qualifications and personal qualities relevant to the tender

The deadline for your response is Monday 3rd November. The application will be seen by a panel of representatives from the Hub, regional museums and WM MLA. The appointment of the successful consultant(s) is anticipated to be made by 10 November with their work on the project commencing soon after. The consultant(s)’ obligations are expected to be fulfilled by 31st March 2009.

I would be grateful if you could confirm receipt of this invitation to tender by replying to this email / letter, and indicating whether you are intending to submit a tender for the project.

Note that, depending on the response received, elements of the project may be offered to more than one consultant and that willingness and ability to work as part of a team will be an important part of the project’s success.

If you have any queries about this brief the contacts are: [log in to unmask] on 0121 303 2782.

Interested parties should submit their proposals by post to:
Richard Statham
Head of Learning
Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery
Chamberlain Square
Birmingham
B3 3DH

Or by email to [log in to unmask]

Submissions must be received at the above address by Monday 3rd November at twelve noon.

Yours sincerely,

Richard Statham
Head of Learning and Outreach
BMAG
r[log in to unmask]

The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by Birmingham City Council is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies and notify the sender immediately, or telephone +(44)(0)121 464 4444. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any e-mail including its content may be monitored and used by Birmingham City Council for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the office policy on staff use. E-mail blocking software may also be used. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of Birmingham City Council. We cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.