Yup, makes perfect sense!
So in practice, to get the probability that either direction pathway passes through voxel x, normalized to waytotals (and therefore also allowing comparing these probabilities across subjects), the bottom line is to fslmaths your way to:
p = [p(  [A->x->B] )]/waytotal(a->b) + [p( [A<-x<-B] )]/waytotal(b->a) - ([p(  [A->x->B] )]/waytotal(a->b)) * ([p( [A<-x<-B] )]/waytotal(b->a))
(assuming independance, which is clearly an approximation, but one that is hard to get around).

All fine on paper...
I gave it a shot, but any (fslmaths fdt_paths -div waytotal) returns an empty map (or one with a single voxel), since waytotal is typically much greater than the typical number of streamlines through any one voxel.
Is there a way around that? I tried multiplying my fdt_paths by a random very large number first, but then I am not sure what to make of the values in my final p map.

Maybe I'm lacking enough sleep to have completely misunderstood?

Cherif

Cherif P. Sahyoun                                               HST-MEMP

Developmental Neuroimaging of Cognitive Functions

C: 617 688 8048
H: 617 424 6956

"Live as if this were your last day. Learn as if you'll live forever"
Ghandi