Hello,

I'm using FEAT to run a 3-level analysis. My study has 10 runs per subject
with 15 subjects. The second level combines runs (using fixed-effects) and
the third level combines subjects (using mixed-effects). I included a
separate EV for each run at the second level to remove inter-run mean
effects (making it repeated-measures). I tried doing this (one EV per
subject) at the 3rd level, using FLAME, and I get this error: "Singular
design. Number of EVs > number of time points." and the script crashes. It
works, however, if I perform a fixed-effects analysis instead of using
FLAME.

Is there a better way to account for run and subject differences in these
models? Why would this work with fixed-effects but not FLAME?

Thank you,
Michael

--
Michael W. Cole
Ph.D. candidate, Center for Neuroscience