So, that's what was to be expected.

/mnt/hgfs/VMW_Shared/bedpostx/data
data_type INT16
dim1 128
dim2 128
dim3 66
dim4 65

This looks good!

/mnt/hgfs/VMW_Shared/bedpostx/nodif_brain_mask
data_type INT16
dim1 512
dim2 512
dim3 160

This, however, looks a little strange.
How did you create this mask? It has completely different dimensions.
The dimensions of the brainmask that you would normally get from BET (by clicking the option "create binary brain mask") and which you would rename to "nodif_brain_mask", would be:
dim1 128
dim2 128
dim3 1
dim4 65

Try to create the correct mask, and retry bedpostx_datacheck!

Good luck!
Markus