Hi All

As part of our new Hinckley campus development, we’re considering whether to install electronic access controls at the main entrance and around the building.  There seems to be two possibilities:

1.    Physical controls (barriers at the entrance and locked doors elsewhere)

2.    Passive monitoring (electronic registering staff / student presence via micro-chipped ID cards)

We understand that the access control / monitoring technology could be linked to Registrations, EMA etc.

Could anyone offer their own advice or comment on their own experiences, especially with regards to the student response to access controls and how students were encouraged to carry their cards, or perhaps other options available.

Regards

Andy

Andrew Crowter

Director of Estates

North Warwickshire & Hinckley College

North Warwickshire & Hinckley College - Graded 'outstanding' by Ofsted: "...highly responsive ... effective ... with an outstanding provision.." Read the full Ofsted Inspection report here

Visit our website www.nwhc.ac.uk

Disclaimer.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the contents of this email represent only the views of the sender as expressed only to the intended recipient. It does not commit North Warwickshire & Hinckley College to any course of action or legal responsibility. No statement shall be construed as giving industrial/confidential advice within/outside the UK. This email and the information that it contains may be privileged and/or confidential. It is for the intended addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify [log in to unmask] immediately and delete the message from your computer.? Please note - the contents of the e-mail, and the attachments may not be disclosed to a third party without our consent. Before printing, think about the environment.