From: Michael Power
Sent: 24 October 2008 08:02
Subject: Re: Uncertainty in Medicine

Hi Hamid

Gerd Gigerenzer talks about the "illusion of certainty" in this paper:

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/journals/pspi/pspi_8_2_article.pdf

There is also a book entitled "The Illusion of Certainty: Health
Benefits and
Risks" by Erik Rifkin and Edward Bouwer. It is aimed at a non-technical
audience, and mostl considers the (mis)understanding of environmental
risks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Illusion-Certainty-Health-Benefits-
Risks/dp/0387751653/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1224831361&sr=8-1

Best wishes

Michael

Dr Michael Power
Clinical Knowledge Author, Guideline Developer and Informatician
Clinical Knowledge Summaries Service www.cks.library.nhs.uk

>I would like to let you know that I am going to talk about Uncertainty
in
Medicine , could you ask other colleagues to give me thier advic, any
usefull
material and so on ....