I'm happy to forgive multiple postings.

What I don't forgive is being shouted at in a capitalised heading.

I know I'm not really an academic.  My life's work has just been about dumb
stuff like communicating with people, and reaching out to people who don't
have to listen to what I'm saying.

But can I point out that capitalised headlines are harder to read (1).
(That's why tabloids, the ultimate experts in attention grabbing, don't use
them, no matter what point size they're printing in.)

It just comes over as illiterate and bullying, and gives the subliminal
message, 'This is typical internet crap rather than something worth paying
any attention to'.

There is a lot of fuss made about the so-called 'greengrocer's apostrophe'
and other faults of not very literate people.  But for highly educated
people to be undermining what they have to say in this manner is, in my
opinion, far more disgraceful.

Please pass this message back to the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Best wishes

Allan Sutherland

(1)  For other punctuation freaks, note that this doesn't have a question
mark because it isn't actually a question.