Joy Kingsolver wrote:

"... we're struggling to figure out where to put some basic information.
For photographs, where should we list the original format, e.g., "black
& white photographic print" ?

Is Format the right element to use?  Has anyone put the dimensions in
the same element, or do we need to repeat it?"

*****
I wondered about that myself. As a traditional cataloger, I was taught
to catalog the item in hand, so I have a visceral need to describe the
original even though I know I'm supposed to be describing the digital
image.

According to Jane M. Read in the book Cataloguing without Tears, the
element Source is "another resource from which the one being catalogued
is derived, e.g. the original photograph which was scanned to create the
digital image you are cataloguing".

That makes a lot of sense to me.

Dodie

Dodie Gaudet MSLS
Consultant for Bibliographic and Technical Services
CMRLS
8 Flagg Rd.
Shrewsbury MA 01545
508-757-4110 x307
http://quickts.blogspot.com/
Massachusetts Libraries - Inform, Empower, Inspire