Hi Jacqui,

There are lots to CP Conferences to keep track of in the next year or two, aren't there?

There is the Congress of the European Community Psychology Association (ECPA) which is in Paris 29 and 30 October 2009
(This will be devoted to 'community psychologies'  and is the one I referred to in Edinburgh, is the organisation critiqued by Paul recently on the list. It is not yet clear how critically informed it will be)

There is the USA's Community Psychology Conference (SCRA Biennial) in New Jersey near New York which is 18-21 June 2009
(This is devoted to US CP, generally has lots of international visitors and is not usually critically informed - the signs are better this year but some folks on the list boycott the USA because of its foreign policies)

There is the 11th European Congress of Psychology in Oslo 7-10 July 2009
(this is a general European conference and will be full of academics but three community psych symposia are planned)

There will presumably be a UK CP Conference in 2009 - I think Mike Ridley Dash posted saying he was sounding out possibilities in the Stoke / Stafford area?

There is also the 3rd International Conference of Community Psychology in Mexico 3-5 June 2010
(this is devoted totally to community psychologies, is 'international' but will probably be dominated by US colleagues if others in the series are anything to go by but has the potential to be radical / critical)

There may well be other CP conferences of which I don't know.

In terms of your own interesting observations at Napier re wishing you could go to a CP Conference at which your community partners would not feel out of place, I don't know which would be the best but Oslo will be largely mainstream academic psychologists so probably not that one. SCRA is very ... well United Statesian. I was not impressed by the 2nd International Conference of Community Psychology in Lisbon personally but have increasingly high hopes of the 3rd in Mexico. I am working for ECPA to make the Paris meeting good but it is a blank slate at the moment bar the date and venue (central Paris). I think Mike can be relied on to make something really good happen if the Stoke/Staffs conference develops!

Hope this helps

David