Hi Nader,

By significant, I mean those interactions that withstand the normal
structural fluctuations of the structure. In MD simulation, two ion-pairs at
a distance of 8 A won't stay for long and will disappear early during the
simulation. So, they cannot be considered as non-bonded interactions that
stabilize certain conformation. If you consult any computational chemistry
paper you won't find any quoted salt-bridges at 8 A distance.

  Ibrahim