From: Discussion list for those practising BNIM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of tom wengraf
Sent: Thursday, 23 October 2008 9:37 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: BNIM and user driven health care reform using IT (automated quasi-BNIM?)

Hi!

An interesting discussion has developed over the last few days between myself, Rakesh and Carmel about the possible uses of some variant of BNIM in fostering (by way of IT) user-driven health care reform.

As you will see from the most recent messages (just below), we’ve agreed that other people on the BNIM e-list might be interested in the discussions and also might wish to contribute.

This discussion is obviously only at an early stage, but the notion of ‘doing BNIM interviews by computer’ is philosophically interesting and the question of how some variant could be ‘automated’ is also worth thinking about.

So: do join in if you’re interested. I’m putting Rakesh, Carmel and Kevin on the e-list, so if you do join in, any message to the list will automatically go to them as well!

Best wishes. Tom.

P.S. Almost forgot. As with all such accumulative messages, you need to read from the bottom of this email upwards back to the top.

FROM  Rakesh

Thanks Tom,

Very interesting insights. It would be great if you copy this to your list and even better if you make us members of your mailing list.

Would be nice to hear how others would approach this. Yes as Carmel pointed out this discussion is partly brainstorming for the NDRC grant proposal. We have our own list but right now it has been silent and most of the discussions have been between the three of us.

Would be great if you could meet Carmel and we could have the advantage of your expertise and of your team.

rakesh