-----Original Message-----
From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of ASSISTECH automatic
digest system
Sent: 21 October 2008 00:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ASSISTECH Digest - 19 Oct 2008 to 20 Oct 2008 (#2008-137)

Topics of the day:

  1. usb 'mobile broadband' device recommendations. (2)

Date:    Mon, 20 Oct 2008 02:41:47 -0400
From:    Myra Tingle <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: usb 'mobile broadband' device recommendations.

----------MB_8CB00960EE68516_16C8_842_Webmail-mg06.sim.aol.com

Hello Ian,
Having just got ourselves into a 2 year contract with 'Orange' for just
that solution. A G3 USB?'dongle' which is called 'Internet
Everywhere'... I would advise that you check the mobile 'phone reception
of which ever company you choose in the area (the hospital) where it is
to be used. There may also be a problem with this device being used in a
hospital since it works off the satellite like a mobile 'phone.
Maybe reception is better overall in the UK but our French 'Internet
Everywhere' ..although advertised as covering 99% of la belle
France?worked in Brittany but not?down here in?Sauternes.Trying to get
out of the contract has been a nightmare. Orange now sell a 'pass' which
gives you so many hours/minutes of use. This might be a good?investment
in order?to try the system out.
Good luck anyway.
Myra Tingle
(Director of CENMAC London from 1986-2001)