-----Original Message-----
From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Theresa A. Kruser
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 2:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: EyeGaze Study Day

Hello Simon,

This is another time that one of your e-mails makes me wish I wasn't an
ocean away!

I don't know how much the Dynavox devices are used in the UK, but they have
recently come out with eye gaze control for their new Dynavox VMax device.
It is not available for  the smaller V, but it seems pretty exciting.

We haven't been able to  see a demonstration yet, but hopefully soon.

We had the opportunity to try out the Tobii with  a student.  It is a
wonderful tool, but because it weighs 50 lbs and so does the battery pack,
it will not work for wheelchair mounting at this point.

Good luck with the study day!  I'll look forward to hearing what you come
across.

Tess
Lakeville, MN
USA

9:35 PM

This  message  may  contain  confidential and  privileged  information.
If you  are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy
or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance
on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before
deleting it.  Thank you.

2008 marks the 60th anniversary of the NHS.  It's an opportunity to pay
tribute to the NHS staff and volunteers who help shape the service, and
celebrate their achievements.

If you work for the NHS  and  would like  an NHSmail  email account, go
to: www.connectingforhealth.nhs.uk/nhsmail