Dear all

I have been overwhelmed with responses to my query about using MS
Sharepoint for cataloguing - thanks to everyone for their help and
apologies to those to whom I have not been able to respond personally.

In summary, it appears that Sharepoint is by no means an out-of-the-box
option for archival cataloguing. It would require extensive technical
customisation to achieve ISAD(G) compliance, and though there is some
difference of opinion about whether or not Sharepoint is theoretically
capable of it, everyone seems to agree that it would be very expensive
and time-consuming to try and make it do this. Several respondents said
it would be a "nightmare".

Even if it were successfully customised in this way, there would be
issues around interoperability and data import/export.

Thanks again,

Tamsin