Dear Mailbase Users

I wonder if people would be willing to share how they keep a record of CPD
activities for maintaining state registration and what sort of information you
record?
Whilst the HPC gives some guidance on the types of activities that would be
recognised, there is little on the best way to record such activities - do you
keep a log using IT facililties or do you just keep a hand written document?
What sort of information do you actually record? Do you document that you
have just been to a meeting or do you specifically keep a record of what was
said at a meeting or what you learnt to try and improve your practice?
I have heard of some people utilisting the online RCPath CPD system, but you
are only able to use this if you hold full FRCPath.
Any information or documents that you are willing to share would be greatfully
appreciated.

Thanks

Kelly Parham

Dr K Parham
Senior Clinical Biochemist
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Immunology
University Hospital of Wales
Cardiff
CF14 4XW.