Dear All,

Not quite a full scientific agenda but nevertheless one that I hope you
will find professionally stimulating.

The meeting will be held in the centre of Leeds as indicated on the
programme below. Whilst public transport to Leeds is good and the venue
is only 10 minutes walk from the train station, public parking at the
centre is not good. Public car parking in Leeds can be found at
www.leeds.gov.uk then by clicking the links Transport and Streets and
Parking. I have not included the map as an attachment as I know that not
all email systems will allow attachments.

Finally please will you forward this email to members who you know do
not view the mailbase.

Trent, Northern and Yorkshire Region Scientific Meeting

The Library and Learning Centre,
Old Medical School,
Leeds General Infirmary,
Thoresby Place,
Great George Street,
Leeds.
LS1 3EX

Monday 27th October 2008

Public relations, ACB Structure and Modernising Scientific Careers

Programme

10.15 - 10.50		Registration and coffee

			Morning Session
			Chair: TBC

10.50 - 11.00		Welcome

11.00 - 12.00		Public Relations

                                               The Media and Health
                                               Mike Waites
                                               Health Correspondent -
The Yorkshire Post

                                               The Media and Healthcare
Providers
                                               Andrew Bannister
                                               Head of Media Relations
- Leeds Teaching
                                               Hospitals NHS Trust

                                               Public Relations and the
ACB
                                              Joe O’Meara
                                              Government Affairs
Officer - ACB

Open Discussion

12.00 - 13.00		Lunch

(Afternoon timings are approximate depending upon level of debate
stimulated by these two important topics)

                                               Chair:
                                               Julian Barth
                                               President Elect - ACB

13.00 - 14.00		Modernising Scientific Careers
			Graham Beastall
			Professional Advisor to MSC Team

14.00 - 15.00		The Future Structure of the ACB
			Ian Watson
			President of the ACB

15.00 - 15.30		Tea, Coffee and Close

Registration will be on the day, but please reply to
[log in to unmask] if you intend to attend so that we have
indicative numbers for catering. There will be an attendance fee of £10,
payable on the day.

RCPath CPD credits 3. IBMS credits applied for.

Dr. Mike Bosomworth
Consultant Clinical Biochemist
Head of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology

Tel. 0113 3922340      Fax 0113 3925174
Mobile 07789 174344

Please visit our web-site at www.leedsteachinghospitals.com