Nice to see this -- and by all means feel free to mention my 'Fremlins + Grimms' version. I unfortunately can't recall just where I got it, but it must have been one of the three books I used as sources, i.e. either Funk and Wagnell's 'Dictionary of Folklore and Myth', or Gillian Edwards' 'Hobgoblin and Sweet Puck' (1974), or P. Beale's 'Concise Dictionary of Slang' (1989).

Jacqueline