On Page 82 it says

"Our re-analysis of the Audit Commission data indicated that the

proportion of nurses at a lower grade improved waiting times. Our

own modelling process did not find this, but did find that nursing

sickness is an important factor."

On Page 86 concluding remarks it states.......

This study provides strong evidence from multiple perspectives that,

after controlling for case-mix and size of department, time lost to

nursing sickness, non-pay spend and lead clinician management style

are factors likely to affect waiting times.

Regards

Ray McGlone
Lancaster ........... where our case - mix has just altered now that Kendal
does not have acute medicine.