  From: Jeremy Harte
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:28 PM
  Subject: One for Your Diary

  Dear All,

  While in Lichfield at the weekend, I stopped by at St. Chad's Well (strictly speaking this is in Stowe, just outside the city) only to find that I had come too early: their well dressing weekend is scheduled for 13th-14th September. They've been doing it since 1995, and the church guide has photos of a previous dressing, plus on the back page 'A Vision for the Future'. This involves the provision of a visitor centre next to the well which, if it's anything like the artist's impressio, will be spiky and involve lots of glass. Not sure how the well will fit in with this - but then I'm not entirely sure that the present well is in the same place as it was on the 1781 town plan, when it appears as a central feature for some kind of rose garden. It's a much-rebuilt site.

  Jeremy Harte

  The information contained in this message is confidential and may be

  legally privileged. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s).

  use, dissemination, or reproduction is strictly prohibited and may be

  unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the

  sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

  Visit the Epsom and Ewell Borough Council website at www.epsom-ewell.gov.uk

  www.mimesweeper.com