Dear colleagues,

We broadly solicit applications for the following open-rank position at Clark (USA).    Please feel free to ask any of our faculty members if you have questions.

Yuko

MASSACHUSETTS, WORCESTER 01610.
Clark University. Open rank, tenure-line position starting August 2009. PhD required at time of appointment. Clark’s School of Geography seeks a scholar with expertise in urban geography to join the department's existing research cluster in urban/economic geography. We seek a faculty member who is contributing to cutting edge scholarship in urban geography, and who is committed to securing extramural funding and collaborative research.  Expertise in the theoretical and empirical study of a variety of areas of urban geography will be considered; examples include gender, race and space; global cities and finance; migration, transnationalism, and identity; sustainable urbanization; Third World urbanization; and urban labor/property markets.  Preference will be given to candidates who complement the department’s existing areas of strength (see the geography website at
http://www.clarku.edu/departments/geography/).
Strong undergraduate and graduate teaching, advising, and mentoring are a requisite in the “university college” tradition of Clark. The successful candidate will play an important educational and leadership role in Clark's urban studies (
http://www.clarku.edu/departments/udsc/) and possibly the international studies (http://www.clarku.edu/departments/iss/) programs.
Apply: Send CV; a detailed statement of professional experience, research and teaching interests; and contact information for three references by email to: [log in to unmask]  Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2008 and will continue until the position is filled.  AA/EOE Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.

------------------------
Yuko Aoyama
Associate Professor and Henry J. Leir Faculty Fellow of Geography
Graduate School of Geography
CLARK UNIVERSITY
950 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01610-1477