}Observer/Guardian

\'IT WAS DARK AND MY TWIN GIRLS WERE ASLEEP IN THE CAR WHEN I PARKED.
I GOT OUT, LOCKED THE DOOR AND WALKED TOWARDS THE DOPE HOUSE. I
DECIDED GOD WOULD PROTECT THEM ... \'
	David Carr on life as a drug addict
  "It was decided that I would follow my detox with an intensive
six-month rehab programme at Eden House, a last-chance facility in
downtown Minneapolis. Eden House was a long-term therapeutic
community, the kind of place that brimmed with slogans. This was the
main one: 'The answer to life is learning to live.'

	This is the point where the knowing author laughs along with his
readers about his time among the aphorisms, how he was once so
gullible and needy that he drank deeply of such weak and fruity
Kool-Aid. That's some other story. Slogans saved my life. All of them
– the dumb ones, the imperatives, the shameless, witless ones.
	full story:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/sep/14/family.drugsandalcohol?gusrc=rss&feed=society
 --
 Dr. Craig Fees, RMSA
 Hon. Director, Institute for the History and Work of Therapeutic

Links:
------
[1] http://news.pettarchiv.org.uk/