Hello

I am trying to normalize single subject FA volumes on to the T2 template. I have done this before with spm 2 and the normalization worked beautifully.

Now, I am getting badly warped normalization output and would greatly appreciate any help with fixing this.

I presumed that the warping may be because of the difference in orientation of the FA volume and flipped it along x and y planes to correspond with the orientation of the T2 template, which I am told is in Neurological convention.  But this didn’t help either.

Attached are some pdf files that show:

1.  the original FA volume (we used a vitamin e capsule on the right temple area to avoid r/l confusions)

2. Flipped FA volume (note the position of the capsule shows that right is right)

3. Normalized output.

Please note that I am still using SPM 2.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Cibu Thomas