Dear All

I thought that you might be interested in our next public engagement event, taking place at the Royal Geographical Society with IBG.

This is a public event so we would be grateful if you could help us to promote it as widely as possible by forwarding the details to your colleagues and networks.

We do have some complimentary tickets available for those working in the field of public engagement and science communication. Please email the event organisers on [log in to unmask] for further information.

Please forward this section on:

Razing the rainforests, a 21st Century Challenges event

Wednesday 22 October at 19:00

Royal Geographical Society (with IBG), London

As part of 21st Century Challenges, the Society’s new flagship public engagement series, Professor Sir Gordon Conway (Scientific Advisor to DfID and the Royal Geographical Society with IBG President) will chair Warren Evans (Director of the Environment, World Bank), Senator Marina Silva (former Brazilian Minister for Environment) and Simon Counsell (Director of the Rainforest Foundation discussing how best to conserve the world’s rainforests.

Put your questions to a panel of leading international experts, discussing how best to conserve the world’s rainforests in the face of enormous challenges from palm oil, timber trade, green colonialism and tourism

Tickets:
RGS-IBG Members £10, non-Members £15
Date:
Wednesday 22 October at 19:00

Book tickets online: www.rgs.org/Whatson/21CC or by phone: +44 (0)207 591 3100
Details online: www.rgs.org/21stcc/countryside

Royal Geographical Society with IBG

1 Kensington Gore

London SW7 2AR

Entrance to the Society is via Exhibition Road

Nearest tube: South Kensington

Posted on behalf of:

Christine James

Programmes Officer

Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)

1 Kensington Gore

London

SW7 2AR

T +44 (0) 20 7591 3007

E [log in to unmask]

W www.rgs.org

This message has been scanned for viruses by BlackSpider MailControl

********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk