Dear all

The following vacancy has become available at the Royal Institution. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me off-list.

Public Programmes Co-ordinator
(£20,380-£23,590)

The Royal Institution (RI), famous for its televised Christmas Lectures, is seeking a Public Programmes Co-ordinator for its public science events programme.  The primary duty of the role will be to project manage a number of the RI's public events, including planning, logistics, marketing, liaising with partner organisations and interacting with the public. The role will also involve providing administrative support to the public programmes team.

The post will require excellent organisational and communication skills, a quickness to learn and an innovative outlook. Above all, the ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible and committed to the development of an outstanding public science events programme. This post will be located in the RI's building in central London.

Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent, have administrative experience and be able to demonstrate an interest in science. Experience in event organisation would be advantageous.

The RI offers a competitive employment package, a positive working environment and is an equal opportunities employer.

For further details, please visit our website www.rigb.org. Apply in your own style (three hard copies required, applications will not be accepted by email) by 12noon on Friday 19 September to: Head of Programmes, 21 Albemarle Street, London W1S 4BS.

___________________________

Naomi Temple

Senior Events Co-ordinator

The Royal Institution

21 Albemarle Street

London W1S 4BS

Tel: 020 7409 2992

Fax: 020 7670 2920

Registered Charity No 227938

The Royal Institution is a scientific charity that, for over 200 years, has been committed to scientific discovery and communication. Our enthusiasm for science means we hope to involve the public in scientific debate and inform the public about the science that affects their lives. Find out more at www.rigb.org

send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]