From: Dr Je Kan Adler-Collins <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, 24 September, 2008 3:09:09
Subject: Re: Explaining our educational influences in learn...

I read the last flurry of emails with a sadness that yet again the list has
been used for the airing of personal issues that have little or nothing to
do with the current thread of conversations..It seems that there is a cyclic
nature of events in this list where one claims that certain actions are
unfair and that others choose not to engaged and the now familiar attacks on
Jack's work have started with a degree of insincerity that can only be
marvelled at by its consistency, insincere innuendos that lack any form of
compassion despite the window dressing of the words that suck in the
gullible but less than impress those with hard learned experience of being
the focus of or on the receiving end of such unwelcomed attentions. One only
has to check the archives to see that there is an agenda here that does not
belong in the conversations of this list. Jack is a very patient and
compassionate individual and as joint list owner I share his values and
views however Where I am working now I am using the examples of this list
for teaching and its postings to show how a space can be educational and
also how it can be polluted by the self serving needs of a self serving
toxic agenda. Such individuals always present themselves as miss understood,
ignored, the injured party, yet appear quite happy to dish out their own
form of abuse, self induced outrage and consistently blame every one else
for their troubles and issues. Individual members engaged with what
interests them and energises them or informs them certainly not with
energies that are now openly and constantly aggressive in nature and
content. Educational differences are welcomed and differences between
academics are encourage. Auspicious use of the delete button keeps my space
and energy clean. Silence is perhaps the best way to deal with such issues
however some times things need to addressed openly. I look forward to
informed debates on this list and the area it is moving into
internationally. I would kindly ask that any member with a personal issue or
grudge to deal with their own issues off this list. If a members is not
engaged with perhaps there is a clear message that individuals are making
their own choices as is their right to do so. Should such communications
continue I will be seriously considering placing any such member on
monitoring to check that any postings meet with the ethos of this list.
Screams of censorship, big brother controlling the space reaching for legal
advice, claiming discrimination, intolerance will be accepted. I just call
it house cleaning and it seems to me that such cleaning is long, long over
due.
My best wishes to all and may the health  exciting debates on educational
issues continue.