Thought I'd locate for you the 3 poems of Liz Bassett whose poetry I most
highly esteem.
Following is her 'First Love' poem found in John Burnside's Poetry Workshop,
2 November 2005, in the _GUARDIAN_:

*First love by Liz Bassett*

You feel it now - in the after school light
that is leaf mush and wooden birds clicking
in trees, and the pale bellies of planes spilling

shooting stars more bright; more instant than love
- and your twelve slow years folded behind you
waiting; knowing this love, already.

You hold it close - brittle as the limbs of
old dolls you found buried like mandrake roots;
like bones of birds in slow, insistent flight

through earth - and below the breathing clouds
tomatoes hold out their stubborn globes of light.