I'm fully aware of the fallacy of truth equaling best effect, and the
misguided notion of 'authentic' expression. they're ideas that belong in
adolescence, but even when I started writing at age 14 I never conceived of
real events being depicted accurately to be 'poetry' as such. I leaped
straight into the fictitious, although nothing real is without fiction and
all fiction exists in & through reality. I hope you don't think I'm some
sort of slave to reality, when it comes to writing poetry. I never have
been, and I don't consider myself a novice in that sort of sense. the idea
of her fingers being splayed, or there being some other real moment to
inspire the antenna-image, is not the case at all; the whole concept of the
antenna & of sonance here was about communication & it includes the idea of
a single sound or message on its own *lacking* something, another sound &
another message in reply. the poem is meant to be a kind of dialogic
portrait of a time or moment or, ok sure, relationship.
this is also the 3rd or so edit, and probably the last.

I appreciate the advice Judy. :) it's all dearly familiar to me, part of the
evolving process, but it's good to be reminded of them by someone else who
is aware of them too.

KS