-----Original Message-----
From: Information literacy and information skills teaching discussion
list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Richard Price

Sent: 29 September 2008 19:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Academia.edu: 'tree' of academics launches

Hi all,

I'm a Fellow of All Souls College Oxford, where I recently finished my
Ph.D on the philosophy of perception.

I've just launched a website, www.academia.edu, which does two things:

 - It displays academics around the world in a 'tree' format, according
to what university/department they are affiliated with.

 - It enables researchers to keep track of the latest developments in
their field - the latest people and papers.

I'm hoping that the site will list every academic in the world --
Faculty members, Post-Docs, and Graduate Students.

It's gaining some traction. Some professors on the site include:

 - Richard Dawkins -  http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardDawkins
 - Noam Chomsky -  http://mit.academia.edu/NoamChomsky
 - Stephen Hawking -  http://cambridge.academia.edu/StephenHawking

I'm trying to spread the word about www.academia.edu. If you have a
minute, please visit the site, and add yourself to your department on
the tree. If your department/university is not there, you can add
it/them by clicking on the arrows coming out of the
department/university boxes.

And do spread the word to your friends and colleagues if you can.

Many thanks,

Richard

Dr. Richard Price,
Prize Fellow,