Greetings one and all

This is my first post having joined this list a week ago.  Are there any social workers on this list?

Has anyone considered performative social science research in the performance of a the relationship between indigenous and settler people?

Has there been any discussion of performative social science research in the context of reconciliatory practice?

Or in the context of the performative in relationship to oral predominantly indigenous cultures for whom performance is the basis of law/lore making?

Who or is anyone dealing with performance social science research in the context of child protection policy and practice?

These and other questions “can be yours for three rust proof shillings”.

Bye the bye my name is Kim (Mr – just in case) – I teach second year degree Bachelor of Social Work bi-culturalism in practice at the Porirua campus of Te Wananga o Aotearoa (www.twoa.ac.nz) and my MSW research topic is “Matua Whangai – Can we invigorate an important social work concept?”  Matua whangai was the founding of bi-cultural social work in NZ and gifted the notion of family group conference and kinship care to New Zealand social work – and the world.  These gifts have been colonised copted and expropriated and like Rowan Atkinson’s take off of Maggie Thatcher – “I like curry but now we have the recipe all you wogs can go home!”  and in so doing have been handed back as colonised practice.

So performative social science research in social work and the performance of an effective relationship between indigenous and settler people is where my work and practice is at.

Hope to hear from someone.

Cheers

Kim