Diabetes UK has launched its new Ramadan calendar, which gives
information about fasting and diabetes control at this important time.

Diabetes is very much an issue that affects the Muslim community. There
are more than 2.2 million people in the UK with diabetes, and people of
South Asian origin are up to four times more likely to develop Type 2
diabetes.

Ramadan calendar 2008

We hope that by distributing the calendar through more than 130 mosques
across the UK we will help people to manage their condition effectively
during Ramadan, when it can often be a challenge.

It is important that the document is referenced during Ramadan as much
as possible, which is why we have included a prayer and fasting
timetable. We hope that this will make the document useful for the
entire 30 day period.

Your copy

You can either download a copy of the calendar
<http://www.diabetes.org.uk/upload/Guide%20to%20diabetes/ramadan08.pdf>
, or you can call Jenne Dixit at Diabetes UK on 020 7424 1110 or e-mail

Diabetes UK has a range of information available for the Muslim
community about managing diabetes during Ramadan
<http://www.diabetes.org.uk/templates/GenericContent.aspx?id=214>  on
our website.

You can also talk to a Diabetes UK Careline
<http://www.diabetes.org.uk/templates/GenericContent.aspx?id=109>
Advisor who can speak a variety of languages by calling 0845 120 2960.

Equality and Diversity Manager
Diabetes UK
Macleod House
10 Parkway
London NW1  7AA

Direct Line:020 7424 1110

Search the web and raise funds for Diabetes UK at www.everyclick.com/diabetesuk/

Diabetes UK, the charity that cares about people with diabetes

Diabetes UK is the operating name of The British Diabetic Association, a company limited by guarantee.  Registered as a company in England & Wales No. 339181.  Registered as a charity in England & Wales (No. 215199) and in Scotland (No. SC039136).  VAT registration No. 232 3801 96.  Registered address: Macleod House, 10 Parkway, London NW1 7AA.

This message contains confidential information solely for its intended recipient(s). If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender and then delete any copies of it.

Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of viruses and the like, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments will not adversely affect their systems or data. Diabetes UK accepts no responsibility in this regard.