----- Original Message -----
From: "Moira Mugglestone" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2008 2:26 PM
Subject: JOBS: Freelance systematic reviewers - clinical guidelines and/or
public health guidance

National Collaborating Centre for Women's and Children's Health

Freelance Systematic Reviewers - Clinical Guidelines and/or Public Health
Guidance
£12-22 per hour (depending upon qualifications and experience)
Hours negotiable (suitable for part-time and short-term working)

The National Collaborating Centre for Women's and Children's Health
(NCC-WCH) is a friendly and enthusiastic multi-disciplinary health services
research team funded by the National Institute for Health and Clinical
Excellence (NICE). Our primary function is to produce evidence-based
clinical guidelines for the National Health Service in England and Wales. A
parallel workstream focuses on production of systematic reviews to inform
NICE public health guidance. Our host institute is the Royal College of
Obstetricians and Gynaecologists and our offices are based in central
London.

We have immediate and ongoing opportunities for freelance systematic
reviewers to support the work of our technical guideline development teams
producing clinical guidelines and public health guidance. The main duties
are to undertake rapid systematic reviews of clinical or public health
research evidence (which could include social sciences literature), to
present findings to a clinical guideline development group or public health
programme development group, and to draft guideline documents. These posts
require a postgraduate qualification in statistics, epidemiology, public
health, social sciences or a related research field, or a medical degree
with experience or aptitude for health services research. Experience of
literature searching, appraising and synthesising research evidence,
analysing quantitative or qualitative data, and writing reports and/or
research papers is essential.

Our current work programme includes clinical guidelines on:
* Surgical site infection
* Hypertension in pregnancy
* Social issues in pregnancy
* When to suspect child maltreatment
* Diarrhoea and vomiting in children under 5
* Meningitis and meningococcal disease in children and young people
* Neonatal jaundice
* Constipation in children
* Autism in children and adolescents

Our public health workstream covers guidance on:
* Personal, social and health education
* Reducing differences in the uptake of immunisations