Winston Black already wrote:

>The passage appears to be from Johannes de Burgo's (John Burgh)
>pastoral manual "Pupilla oculi" (late 14th c.). Seems likely,
>given the provenance.
>Barring that, it could be from any number of commentaries on
>Gratian's Distinction 23 on church orders

So I am not really adding much by pointing out that Johannes de Burgo is offering a good match with the sentence "Episcopus et nullus inferior homo potest ordines conferre", see the passage of the Pupilla oculi quoted quoted in William Maskell, _Monumenta ritualia ecclesiae Anglicanae_, p.lxxxvii:

"Episcopus et nullus inferior eo, potest ordines
conferre auctoritate propria et ordinaria potestate. Alii vero non episcopi, ut abbates, ex privilegio vel speciali permissione possunt minores ordines conferre. Sacros autem solus episcopus."

Available at http://books.google.com/books?id=xf0YAAAAYAAJ

The full title of the edition quoted (Paris 1510) is given in a footnote on p.lxxxix (n.29).

Kind regards, O.

Dr. Otfried Lieberknecht
D-40477 Duesseldorf
Klever Strasse 37