Hi all and congrats, Yemisi!

What about creating an e-group instead, using either Yahoo or Google?

E-groups have flexible and easy-to-use features:

1. You can choose how you want to get your emails: individual mails, summaries only or digests only. It depends on your email-reading habits and style.
2. You don't have to log-in to another website/social networking site to access information since it goes straight to your email.
3. You can also use it to upload files/documents and photos
3. You can delete the emails sent to your personal email account after you've read them since you can access them in your e-group account, anyway.
4. It's non-invasive, non-commercial (no adverts) and can both be professional and informal, depending on how we engage with it.

I think it would be good if we have options and not an either-or kind of thing. Despite being media/communication students, some of us may not be comfortable sharing personal photos or information with others. In this case, joining Facebook could be an option for those who want to use it but it's also important to consider others who want a different means to exchange info.

Best regards,

Liezel Longboan
School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
Bute Building, Cardiff University
King Edward VII Avenue, Cardiff CF10 3NB