Hi Julian,

I'm not sure if you're interested in resources outside the U.K., but
I was involved in the recent revision of the NISO Framework of
Guidance for Building Good Digital Collections
(http://framework.niso.org/), which is intended for cultural heritage
institutions (and funders thereof), and is exactly what it says on the can.

Cheers,

T.