From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers on behalf of Jones, Maureen
Sent: Thu 04/09/2008 13:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Systematic Literature Review - Ethnic Minority Health Need Assessment info

Hi everyone,

One of our researchers here at Sandwell PCT is carrying out a systematic literature review on Ethnic minority health need assessment in Sandwell and wondered if anyone had carried out similar work.  If you can help in any way could you please send e-mail to the person direct as I will be on holiday until 15th September and she needs any information ASAP.  The person to contact is Wafia Hussain, e-mail:      [log in to unmask]

Question as follows:

I am trying to set a bench mark for the Ethnic Minority Health need assessment in Sandwell. I need to know has any one in UK done any similar work and what topics they have covered. I have some document listed below

1. The Sandwell Health related Quality and Mental Health Study 2000-2001 by Michael Maher) and
2. Providing appropriate services for black and minority ethnic people issue 8 August 2008 social care policy and practice

3. Scottish survey of diabetes services for minority ethnic groups
I think Birmingham City Council / PCT have done some work and The Mayor of London Office.
My main issue has any one cover Mortality by Ethnicity if they have how did they go about it. Any link/ telephone number name of person to contact would by highly appreciated

I would be very grateful for your help
Many thanks
Wafia

Thanking you in advance for any help you can give.
Kind regards

Mo

Maureen Jones
Librarian