Hello all
A while back I requested for information on procedures for loaning laptops to students.  I received 6 responses in total.  Many thanks to all who responded.

Here are the summaries:

*	The service seems popular
*	Loan periods are mostly overnight, weekend and 7day loan
*	The laptops are barcoded and issued from the library management system.  Issue point is separate or from the issue desk.
*	Contract forms are filled, some take a deposit of £50 or have the students sign a credit card slip/cheque of £50 prior to borrowing laptops.  The moneys are given back and the credit card slips/cheques torn when laptops are returned.  Others take no deposit
*	Reservations are allowed with a possibility of renewals but no unseen renewals are permitted.  Some do not allow renewals at all.
*	overdues charges vary;
o	£10
o	Fine plus one month ban
o	Block on account (duration not indicated
o	£4 per day with a maximum of £20
o	None
*	All are re-ghosted on return

	Negatives
	Some of the negatives mentioned;
*	Difficulty detecting overdue laptops due to high turnover
*	High rate of overdues  - several  days over (fines are not charged here)
*	Damages - only 3 reported by one institution over years
Angel Egbuji
Alper, Helen [[log in to unmask]]