Apologies for cross posting.

The NoWAL (North West Academic Libraries) General Programme for October-December 2008 is
now available at http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php

The NoWAL programme of staff training and development offers extensive opportunities for
professional and personal development.  The main aim of the programme is to support and
develop the abilities required of library and related staff to deliver existing and future
services to users.

The Autumn 2008 programme includes the following courses.

20/11/2008 - exact date to be confirmed
Reflective learning in the workplace
MMU
Lawraine Wood

21/11/2008
Exploring learning styles - implications for communication in the workplace
MMU
Deborah Dalley

04/12/2008
Voice production
University of Salford
Eluned Owen

11/12/2008
Advanced time management
Liverpool JM University
Deborah Dalley

In addition to the above events the programme includes many of the courses traditionally
associated with NoWAL including the 3 part Moving into Management course, Customer Service
Skills and Enquiry Desk Skills.

Comments from previous participants on NoWAL courses.
""Really enjoyable.  Lots if techniques to try to help me get over my procrastination."
Advanced Time Management

"The course was brilliant – I learnt lots of new techniques, had great feedback and the
trainer is excellent."
Voice Production

"Excellent trainer, very friendly and relaxed setting."
Customer Service Skills

To see the full programme go to http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php

Booking information is available at
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/training_and_development.php?page_id=3

See individual course details for prices.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gil Young
NoWAL Support Officer

NoWAL: Widening access to library resources and improving learning and information
support services through innovation, influence and partnership.

Minshull House
47-49 Chorlton Street
Manchester
M1 3FY

0161 247 6021

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "