What follows is a summary of our September meeting - A fuller summary
can be found in Communities at
http://communities.cilip.org.uk/forums/30415/ShowThread.aspx#30415, and
in the Council Blog at:
http://communities.cilip.org.uk/blogs/council/archive/2008/09/30/council
-briefing-notes-from-the-september-meeting.aspx

During the September meeting, Council discussed:
*	The means by which Branches and Groups can e-mail there members
*	The Framework of Qualifications and Accreditation (FoQA)
*	Branch and Group funding
*	Branch and Group regulations
*	Report on the recent Policy Forum meeting (including MLA
Guidance on Dealing with Controversial Stock; Libraries and Public
Health Policy Statement; Joint International Task and Finish Group)
*	Advocacy (Professionalism; Public Libraries; School Librarians;
Health Strategies Group; Government Libraries & Information Group)
and finally
*	Members' Day (16th October - see
http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/membersday/) at which the new CILIP
website home page will be launched.

I hope you find this useful and will refer to the fuller postings as
necessary. Please let me have any comments via the list or the websites.

Chris

Chris Armstrong
National Councillor (CILIP)
e. [log in to unmask]
Information Automation Limited
e. [log in to unmask]
Registered address: Penbryn, Bronant, Aberystwyth SY23 4TJ
Registered in England Number: 2110002