Hi Barry,

Thanks for the pointer

In the pool account home dir I see

The logfile gram_job_mgr_18081.log

and the .globus dir being created but I don't see the gram_scratch_*******
dir as I am use to seeing it.

But if the logfile and .globus dirs can be created without problems I
don't see why the scratch dir creation is causing me a problem.

I'd love to be able to turn on a little more debugging in the job manager
so I can see not only a message saying the scratch dir isn't being created
but also which dir it's trying to create.

I have the permissions in the pool dirs set to the same as I do on our
running CE, so didn't expect probs.

I did have to swap the home dirs for the pool account to use our networked
filesystem rather than keep them local so maybe something has gone wrong
here.

I'll keep digging.

cheers
johnk

--
Dr. John A Kennedy                email: [log in to unmask]
LMU Muenchen