italian-studies: Scholarly discussions in any field of Italian studies Seeking a copy of Petri's "Indagine su un cittadino..." with English subtitles Dear Italian-Studies Subscribers,

I am looking for a DVD or VHS copy of Elio Petri’s “Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto” in Italian with English subtitles. I know that the film is available on DVD in Italy, but it would appear that version doesn’t have the subtitles. I’ve also found a few copies online dubbed into English, but I would greatly prefer to find the original Italian with English subtitles. MoMA screened this version in 2006 for its Petri retrospective, and I am wondering if any members of the list have information regarding where I might acquire a copy of it. Or, perhaps, if somebody owns the subtitled version and would be willing to lend it to me in order to make a personal copy, I’d be happy to pay shipping expenses. At this point, I’d be grateful for any information regarding its availability. If you can help, please contact me directly via email at [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask].

Thanks,

Allison A. Cooper
Assistant Professor of Italian
Department of French and Italian
Colby College
4690 Mayflower Hill
Waterville, ME  04901-8846

tel: (207) 859-4658
fax: (207) 859-4405
email: [log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html