Dear All,

This is for students and their supervisors.

The Royal Astronomical Society, one of the Parent Societies of the
British Geophysical Association, is offering new membership to full-time
students for one pound only for the first year, if you can pay by
direct debit or continuous credit-card payment (this special rate
does not apply to existing student members).

Instructions and an application form are at:

http://www.ras.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=220

Please note that free entry to RAS discussion meetings does not,
unfortunately, extend to the BGA annual New Advances in Geophysics
meeting, for which we usually have to charge a registration fee to cover
costs (although we have had free entry for students for the past two
years because we have been able to find generous commercial sponsors).

Fees are given in full at:

http://www.ras.org.uk/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=148

Sheila Peacock,
Meetings Secretary, BGA