Forwarded on behalf of Damien Kimberley
Please reply to him

From: damien kimberley [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 10 September 2008 09:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: museum signage

Hello, I have been given the task of looking at signage around our Museum as in many cases signs are ignored i.e. no eating, drinking, climbing on vehicles etc. I was wondering if you were aware of any national guidelines for museum signage in terms of generic wording, effective colours to use, targeting age, language etc.

Some people here at the Museum think that our current signage is too bold and dictating, where as I’d like to make it more interactive and friendly.

Any help you could offer would be greatly received.

Many thanks

Damien Kimberley

Motorcycle Project Officer & Archive Researcher

Coventry Transport Museum

Tel: 024 7623 4289

Fax: 024 7623 4284

www.transport-museum.com

To vote for Coventry Transport Museum as Best Visitor Attraction in the Godiva Awards 2008 click Here

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  Use of the information by anyone else is prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please contact the sender with details.  Finally, the recipient should check the email and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The email has been virus checked but the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Museum of British Road Transport Trust [Coventry] Limited; Registered in Cardiff, Wales, No. 4698097; Registered under the Charities Act 1960, Registration No. 1113605

CTM Ventures Limited - Registered in Cardiff, Wales, Registration No. 5263892

Registered Offices - Legal & Democratic Services, Council House, Earl Street, Coventry CV1 5RR