Dear GEM list,

I've been asked by our HR dept to post this job opportunity to the list.

Regards,

Bernard McGrath
Education & Interpretation Officer
Tel : 0161 606 0152
Fax : 0161 832 1511

<http://www.mosi.org.uk/>

Community Development Officer (ref. 46/08)

Fixed Term (Maternity Cover)

Salary £23,651 per annum

We are seeking the following individual on a fixed term (maternity cover), based within our Learning Department to help us in becoming a world-class cultural attraction right at the heart of everything Manchester has to offer.

Reporting to the Learning Manager, you will co-ordinate and maintain the on-going involvement of Manchester's communities in the work of the Museum. This will include working closely with the Collections and Learning Departments to develop exhibition content, informal learning programmes and opportunities for contemporary collecting. You will monitor new projects and existing project initiatives working closely with internal departments and external partners.

To succeed in this role you will be educated to degree level and/or have a professional qualification in either Museum or Education fields. You will have demonstrable work based experience in community development and outreach activities. An ability to influence and communicate at all levels.

You will possess excellent planning skills for yourself and others, be able to meet deadlines, work under pressure and manage budgets.

To download an application pack and full job description, visit the 'about us' section on our website: www.mosi.org.uk <http://www.mosi.org.uk/>  or email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  alternatively call 0161 606 0105 to request an application pack.

Closing Date: Monday 6 October 2008

This message may contain confidential information. If you have received this message by mistake, please inform the sender by sending an e-mail reply. At the same time please delete the message and any attachments from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies. Although all our e-mail messages and any attachments upon sending are automatically virus scanned we assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the receipt and/or use. This message has been sent on behalf of Greater Manchester Museum of Science & Industry Trust, Liverpool Road, Castlefield, Manchester, M3 4FP. Registered Company Number 2067804. Charity Registration Number 518412. VAT Registration Number 588 8279 60. MSIM Enterprises Ltd, Liverpool Road, Castlefield, Manchester, M3 4FP. Registered Company Number 2965671. VAT Registration Number 588 8279 60.