Laura,

Please see the "Counting Permutations" section of the randomise help page
http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/randomise/index.html

You'll find that a two-sample t with n1=3, n2=3 will yield 20 permutations.
The test is still exact but will not be very powerful, as the smallest
attainable P-value (corrected or uncorrected) is 1/20=0.05.

-Tom

Thomas Nichols, PhD
Director, Modelling & Genetics
GlaxoSmithKline Clinical Imaging Centre