From: Film-Philosophy Salon on behalf of Richard Price
Sent: Tue 30/09/2008 4:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Academia.edu: 'tree' of academics launches

Hi all,

I'm a Fellow of All Souls College Oxford, where I recently finished my Ph.D
on the philosophy of perception.

I've just launched a website, www.academia.edu, which does two things:

 - It displays academics around the world in a 'tree' format, according to
what university/department they are affiliated with.
 - It enables researchers to keep track of the latest developments in their
field - the latest people and papers.

My hope is that the site will list every academic in the world -- Faculty
members, Post-Docs, and Graduate Students.

It's gaining some traction. Some professors on the site include:

 - Richard Dawkins -  http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardDawkins
 - Noam Chomsky -  http://mit.academia.edu/NoamChomsky
 - Stephen Hawking -  http://cambridge.academia.edu/StephenHawking

I'm trying to spread the word about www.academia.edu. If you have a minute,
please visit the site, and add yourself to your department on the tree. If
your department/university is not there, you can add it/them by clicking on
the arrows coming out of the department/university boxes.

And do spread the word to your friends and colleagues if you can.

Many thanks,

Richard

Dr. Richard Price,
Prize Fellow,