it's a truism of porn production that woman on top is the preferred posture, explicitly because it’s more  revealing -- and ideally with the woman facing away from the man so that in fact the man is hardly present at all except as a kind of marker for male sexuality that gets projected onto the male viewer

and of course this is no way represents female power because porn is equally insistent on the woman’s acknowledgment of and responsiveness to the camera itself, the camera being the real representation of male agency

mike

Subject: Re: Cultural query

Smart observation...the viewer is in the position of the male - perfect dovetailing of the male gaze.  I would argue woman on top is not always evocative of female power, esp, if she is straddling/sitting up -- echoes of lap dancing which is for the male gaze.