.

Eraserheads
Panel discussion exploring cinema's history as the pre-eminent artform
to represent workings of the memory.

18:20, Tue 16 Sept 2008
NFT3, BFI Southbank

Michel Gondry and Pierre Bismuth's films and gallery work explore the
dualities of 'erasure' in personal and public memory systems. Would we
be happier without painful memories? Could we be more creative in the
present if we were free from the burden of the past? Reflecting on
these questions, and on cinema's rich history as the pre-eminent
artform to represent workings of memory - as seen in our season The
Time Machine this month - we welcome artist Pierre Bismuth, Prof Roger
Luckhurst, author of The Trauma Question, sci-fi theorist Mark Bould,
and film critic Jonathan Romney.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/bfi_southbank/events/eraserheads

.

*