As I have said earlier all meaning is not only contextual but also relative and philosophy might be of help in finding an objective ground.

On the other hand Philosophy could be one of the greatest illusions human enterprise has ever come up with and the hope that philosophy might be able to answer all of the human questions adequately can be one more of such grand illusions.
regards,
Karan.

 Shaw, Dan [log in to unmask] wrote..............

 One of the articles in the forthcoming Film and Philosophy edition argues that Coppola's masterpiece gives good reason to recognize that all meaning is contextual, as well as revealing how our expectations shape our experience.

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] Or visit: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/film-philosophy.html For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. * Film-Philosophy online: http://www.film-philosophy.com Contact: [log in to unmask] **