Dear Colleagues

Re: Call for Evidence - Reducing Medical Treatments and Diagnostics of
Minimal Effectiveness

The NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement are participating in a
test in conjunction with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI).
We are investigating different ways of capturing current good or best
practice.  This email is a test of how we can use different networks to
quickly get information for a specific topic area.

We are looking for evidence based examples of how "overuse of medical
treatments or diagnostic procedures of minimal effectiveness or
usefulness for the patient" has been managed and reduced.

We would like to hear from anyone who has participated in, or has heard
of good examples related to this question.  We are interested in either
personal examples, or examples from national initiatives that people are
aware of.

Please send your information to [log in to unmask]  by Friday 3
October, ensuring to include the following details:

*         Name of organisation

*         A contact for follow-up purposes

*         Name of the specialty involved

*         Information or references that would help us to understand
what happened

Feel free to be brief, as we will follow up with you if we have any
questions.  We will ensure that the information is collated and shared
via the NHS Institute website.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Helen Baxter

Associate - Innovation Practice

NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement

E mail: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

This electronic message contains information from the NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement, which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify me by email (to the email address above) immediately.